Monday 9 December 2013

FANPLASTIC

Has the boys had headed north I was stuck with a problem, do I do my sock draw or do I go looking for Crossbills. I thought I would get Mike to give me some tips first .
Has I had been twitching the last two Weekends I was looking forward to do some local birding. So I went to Bryn Du and the forest behind the gas tanks. The Crossbills were very scarce with only 1 seen in three and half hours. But the highlights were 4 Woodcock and 2 Kestrels . I also had a small flock of Lesser Redpoll but only 1 Siskin . But I did find some Noble Firs, one had lots of cones on it and there were about 12 Coal Tits feeding on the cones also a Willow Tit feeding in a patch of Willow Herb. I also checked Abernant for Crossbills and there was no birds about. I did however have my third Kestrel of the day and a male Stonechat that has not moved with the weather this year. There were loads of Ravens up at Bryn Pica and it was great hear them again.
Right back to my painting. Graig Abercwmboi next week and webs.

No comments:

Post a Comment