Sunday 16 February 2014

Pwll Waun Cynon Webs

After thinking about it for awhile I finally give myself a kick up the backside and got myself a WEBS count to do. The site I picked is Pwll Waun Cynon Nature Reserve ( Peace Park ) in Mountain Ash.

And what I glorious morning to do my first count, no wind, no rain just lovely bright sunshine, it was a really pleasure to be out and about.

Bird wise I managed 10 species which were Mallard x 7, Moorhen x 5, Coot x 2, Teal x 6, Water Rail x 1, Little Grebe x 1, Herring Gull x 2, Dipper x 2, Cormorant x 3 and Lesser Blacked Backed Gull x 1.

I then walked down the River Cynon which was still quite high after all the rain and therefore very quiet, the only bird of note was a Redhead Goosander just below Mountain Ash Bridge.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of WeBS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, welcome to WeBS Phil - delighted on have you on board! That means that all the '3 Valleys' birding boys are now part of the elite East Glamorgan WeBS squad . . . apart from one. Let's be 'avin you Mr Gaze ;-)

    ReplyDelete