Sunday 8 March 2015

Woodpeckers and other Birds at Forest Farm

I phoned Martin Bevan this morning and told him that I had a problem, I had pasties and chocolate cake which needed to be eaten. He said I will be down in half hour !!!

So 30 mins later we were on our way in Forest Farm to see the Little Bunting (yet again) and since it was raining hang around the hides to see what else turned up.

We then decided to go down to Lamby and Rhymney, neither of us could remember the last time we went there. Only bird of note seen was a Med Gull on Lamby Lake.

Below are a few record shots.
Bullfinch
Jay
Great Spotted Woodpecker
Reed Bunting
Blue Tit
Little Bunting
Great Tit
Black Headed Gull
Black Headed Gull and below Mediterranean Gull

3 comments:

  1. Great shot Phil and Little Bunting reminds me of Ovenbird with the crown stripe and Med Gull came out ok after and chocolate cake was ace mate .

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I knew about the cake I might of caught up with you at Fforest Farm, I almost called in their on the way to a meet in Cardiff on Sunday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thermal on offer in asda 2 pairs for 4 pound and anybody need for holidays . shirts and long johns. got to keep warm .

    ReplyDelete