Saturday 27 June 2015

Bee Orchids Recount

I went back to Abercwmboi Lake this morning  to do a recount. Initially I had to stop the count for a cuckoo calling very close but never got to see it but a nice site record anyway. Right start again and was clocking up the total pretty quickly, I found that most were in the same area and seemed to like growing under the Birch Trees. I eventually finished on one hundred and three Orchids. This count was a big surprise as I would have never guessed that there were that many over there.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, great number - hopefully at this site they won't be for the chop

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are five hundred houses going on there and a school so not looking that good for the site and you would think when they did a survey over there they would have found them .But same old story money will always come first and nature takes the back seat pmsl sound like my good drink butty now mr hogans now .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reckon there are 104 Orchids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes phil you alway get one more mate

    ReplyDelete