Wednesday 6 January 2016

Neuadd Shrike


Checked the Glam bird site when I got in and noted Alan Dowson had a shrike at Garwnant today (I didn't find it yesterday on a damp pm), same bird as above??? I had the above 'record shots' at 14:30 -14:40 at the lower Neuadd; the 1st high in a conifer below south west corner of the dam, the 2nd from the access road looking west. Brief distant views only and then it was gone. No easy access to upper Neuadd, construction works still ongoing, so I walked up the outer edge of west fence-line but just mallard[35], teal[19] with a single red kite and raven[4] on the slopes. Towards dusk I returned to Pontsticill (I'd called in earlier to prune my gull viewing platform only to retreat when my wellies started taking in water) but poor turn out just; herring gull[c330], lesser black back[25] & no white wings. Left at !7:00 hours when it was too dark to see and the lonely middle aged men looking for a cuddle brigade began turning up.

6 comments:

  1. That's a change for your wellies to take in water they are usual full of other things!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your lots sweet papers and pasty wrappers. Never mind tomorrow I'm taking my waders, though they are a bugger to drive or run in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see it/they are back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Garwnant bird is proving illusive, again, Ceri failed on the 7th & Mike Powell & myself failed on the 8th. When I visit now I don't even expect to see it, I think its personal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr Bevan dragged me up there this afternoon, no Shrike but I think we both have caught pneumonia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://www.ronnotthedj.com/2016/01/samsung-celebrates-50-creative-years-of.html?showComment=1555777664980#c4263136093153408243

    ReplyDelete