Thursday 21 April 2016

Flying vist to Abercwmboi Lake

It was almost a flying visit, some local had put this door over the brook and on top of wooden bridge underneath, a real trap door and I almost fell in. Down by the water edge there was a Common Sandpiper and a first for the year for me and the young swans seemed to have disappeared from the Cynon Valley. The new male was making his mark by nest building and trying to drown his new mate whilst making the next generation. News from Mountain Ash yesterday where I had three species of butterflies, got my first Orange Tip of the year, three Brimstones and two Small Tortoiseshell. I also saw a Wasp Beetle and a Two Spotted Ladybird and two Harlequin Ladybirds.


 This is the Female Swan chasing the Canada goose off I had seen the male doing it before but not her .





1 comment:

  1. I had my first Comma's yesterday. Well done on the Common Sandpiper.

    ReplyDelete