Monday 6 June 2016

Marsh Fritillary Site

A quick visit yesterday, there were a few on the wing, we counted about 8. I saw this one and thought what a strange pose and on looking closer I could see this little Crab Spider behind him and felt sad to see this rare butterfly finish up as spider food. Also on site we had two Common Blues butterflies which were our first for the year but they would not stay still long enough for us to get a shot. Also present were Small Heath and one worn out Dingy Skipper and also by the car was a small Red Damselfly.







In the evening I went up to Dare Valley Country Park to take the dog for a walk and it was a nice surprise to see a Painted Lady feeding on some Bluebells. I then found one more near the top.
Great to see the old flag is still flying and went to look at my lichen but still need a better shot of it .





1 comment: