Monday 19 September 2016

Mike's correct

I agree with Mike - Wrynecks are a myth. I spent an hour and a half searching for the Dunraven bird on Saturday - no sign. On Sunday, with Phil trying out a new rapid weight loss programme, I though I'd give the Uskmouth bird a go - again no sign.
The trip to Uskmouth provided the opportunity to nip down to Gol;dcliffe for the high spring tide and the Pec Sand' that has been hanging around for a few days. On arrival there were plenty of waders on show but the few birders in attendence hadn't located the Pec. About 30 secs later I was onto it as it showed well just in front of the first hide.

Apart from the Pec' it was a bit of a wader fest over the high tide. Probable the most impressive was a flock of 85 Barwits - I believe a record for the site. These were mixed in with a flock of around 300+ Curlew + Blackwits, Knot and Grey Plover. 3 Spot Reds and at least 9 Greenshank, 1 Little Stint, 1 juv LRP, 2 Avocet, 1 Turnstone plus dozens of Dunlin and Ringed Plover.

1 comment: