Saturday 26 August 2017

Wall to Wall

With a free day, I decided to check out Site A for Red Grouse. The walk out was quite quiet with nothing on show until I reached the raised bog. A couple of Snipe flushed, but I couldn't see them, a couple of Skylark flew over, and a Meadow Pipit flew by, but overall it was quiet. A ring-tail Hen Harrier flew past, but no sign of any Grouse. Fresh droppings hinted they were still around. After about an hour I turned around there, about 30m away on a ridge stood a Red Grouse. As it disappeared over the ridge a second birds head popped up. My best view ever at this site.

Once I made it back to the forestry edge, the sun had brought out the butterflies. Highlight were two Wall's

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the Grouse and the Hen Harrier. Mr Bevan swore when I told him about the Wall Browns hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I was hoping for one of those above DVCP, yesterday.

    ReplyDelete