Saturday 3 February 2018

Valleys Birding

After having a Willow Tit in my garden for a couple weeks at the end of last year I was thinking it was in the bag for 2018. Boy was I wrong, on boxing day it disappeared and around the same time a male Sparrowhawk moved into my garden, three Goldfinch and a Chaffinch later I started to think he had eaten my Willow Tit. But when I was walking my dog on Thursday I heard a little snatch of  a song below my garden and then a male Willow Tit flew up on to a ash tree and sang for a couple of minutes, it was like music to ears and always great to get it for the year list.
Next up I was working in Abercwmboi today and I heard a Herring Gull alarming so I looked up to see two flocks of Jackdaws all starting to punch up and with that a Goshawk came flying out of nowhere.  It looked like one of last years birds, a male and it does not matter how many times I see them it makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck and great to see when in work.

No comments:

Post a Comment